Friday 15 May 2020

Let bygones be bygones

Books have made this lockdown quite easy for me. What makes me feel glad is that I have a collection of titles in all three languages, i.e Hindi, English, and Urdu.

I have been reading Hindi and English novels quite often. Therefore, I am giving more time to Urdu titles these days so that I can get familiar with the language and try composing something in the same.

One such book I finished reading was Maza Ma Maza by author M.M Khan.

Maza Ma Maza simply means, 'let bygones be bygones', i.e to allow the unpleasant things that have happened in the past be forgotten.

This book is a collection of nazms and poetic verses that deal with different aspects of life.  The book has been divided into two sections, one is 'Nazms' and the second one entitled as 'Asha'ar'

The author has beautifully penned down about the various phases of human life and all of these have been described incredibly through Nazms and Asha'ars.

I would like to quote some lines from my favorite nazm, 'ख़ाक ऐसा जीना'

“आग़ोशे रक़ाबत में,
ज़िल्लत का जाम पीना,
ए ज़ौके ज़िंदगी,
क्या ख़ाक़ ऐसा जीना"

The best part is that these nazms and Asha'ars have been given in both Urdu and Devanagiri languages.

What I liked the most about the book is that the author has provided the meaning of all Urdu words which made it easy for me to read and understand the content of the book.

After finishing the book I found the title apt because you can not move further without forgetting your past or the obnoxious events that have taken place in your life. Therefore it is important to let bygones be bygones.

I would like to thank author MM Khan for scripting such an incredible book.

I would suggest that even if you are not an Urdu lover, give this book a try. I am sure you will relish it. I would give it a 5 star.



Buy your copy from Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment