Friday 17 April 2020

I wish to be a Loner

With this quarantine period going on, boredom has somewhere created dramatic effects in my life. I shared this with my friend and she suggested me to read the book entitled 'We are proud to be Loners'. I bought the kindle edition of the same, from Amazon and started reading it.

While reading, I realized that the word 'Lonely' has often been misunderstood by our society and it's just because we are so quick to judge a person by his behavior. It is not necessary that if a person is alone, he/she might be unhappy, depressed or discontent.
Being a loner make you love your own company and become your own best friend. You start looking inside yourself and discovering your points of strength and weakness, which is very important.
According to me, being alone is just another 'quality' which everyone can not hold. In reality, Loners carries such outstanding features that others would crave for them.

This book highlights various kinds of positive personality traits of a Loner through 14 different chapters.Each chapter has a unique trait which tells you what kind of a personality loners holds up and how. I am so amazed at how the author has described each aspect in detail

The language and narration used by the author are very easy to comprehend.

The best part is that at the end of each chapter, 'A piece of advice' has been given for loners which is very beneficial even for a non-loner or I should say, for any individual out there. 

The cover of the book gives an impulsive message that the sun is also alone, but it still shines and so can loners. Also, the title of the book, We Are Proud To be Loners is very fitting.

As mentioned in the book, the author's purpose behind scripting these traits was to change the misconception which people have in their mind, for 'Loners' and I guess it was accomplished with the content of this book.

Grateful to the author, Sir Rudra Prasad De for scripting such an amazing book.which taught me how you can understand a person through his behavior.

I guess this is the best choice I made during this quarantine period.

I would say that this is a must-read book, which is full of morale and motivational stuff. Keeping this in mind, I am giving it 5 stars. 



2 comments: