Saturday 30 January 2021

Mythological Monologues

Isn't it just so great when you find one of those books that completely drags you in, makes you fall in love with the characters, and demands that you sit on the edge of your seat for every nail-biting moment of it?

 

Mythological Monologues is one such book that I finished recently. I had picked up this book without even giving a second thought because I'd spent a part of my childhood listening to the epic Hindu tales of the Ramayana and the Mahabharata. 

 

There's isn't any doubt how much I enjoyed reading this book. 

 

With 26 outstanding epic monologues, it took me back to my childhood days. The way the author has inscribed the characters of Ramayan & Mahabharata is worth admiring.

 

Draupadi, Bhishma, Chritangada, Eklavya and every other character described gives a profound meaning.

 

Sharing a few lines from my favorite monologue, Kaikeyi

 "I - Queen Kaikeyi lost everything when I let the storm of greed, the strong winds of hate enter my heart and blow away my Utopia; Burn my temple of love, leaving ashes of my sin everywhere"

 

The way Purba Chakraborty has penned down these monologues is just wow! 

 

Short & Simple, these monologues guide young intellects and make them learn about their culture. Also, they engage us in the world of emotions and measures our patience and discernment of morality and sin. 

 

Just wonderful! 

 

The best part of this book is that the narration and language used by the author is very simple and basic which makes it easy for everyone to understand the depth of each monologue.

 

Definitely giving it 5 stars and looking forward to another edition too. 

 

I wonder who would not like to read such an amazing book?  

Get your copy from Amazon




No comments:

Post a Comment